FENNIA is a non-profit peer-review open access journal published by the Geographical Society of Finland since 1889. It is an international scientific publication dedicated to all fields of geography with attentiveness to northern dimensions.
Authors who publish with FENNIA agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal. The license of the published metadata is Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0).
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a doctoral dissertation or book compilation), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I confirm that the manuscript has been submitted solely to this journal and is not published, in press or submitted elsewhere.
I confirm that the research meets the guidelines on publications ethics and malpractice.
- I confirm that I have prepared complete and blinded versions of all files.
- The manuscript length is below 10,000/6,000/3,000 words.
- The manuscript is written in idiomatic English (suggestions for language reviewing may be requested from the corresponding editor).
- The general structure of the manuscript follows the FENNIA guidelines.
- The referencing is based on the Harvard system and follows the FENNIA style.
- Figures and tables are of adequate quality and submitted separately following the FENNIA guidelines.
- The submitted text and the attached file properties are anonymous to ensure double-blind peer review (requests for open peer review should be made to the corresponding editor)